The grape jelly meatballs are a perfect classic party appetizer that contains an equal blend of tangy and sweet. One of the major reasons for the growing popularity of this recipe is including a large amount of nutrition such as fat, calories, sodium, cholesterol, fiber, sugar, protein, carbohydrates and saturated fat. This grape jelly meatball recipe is very good for health and it is highly used to eat by a lot of kids and children, because of its blending taste.
One of the most important things to be considered while cooking this recipe is cooked thoroughly at simmering state. Normally, it requires only 3 ingredients and takes about only 5 minutes to prepare. Now, the grape jelly meatballs are one of the family favorite recipes. It is really good and amazing appetizer for the special events. When you eat, it reminds you of sweet and sour taste in the meatballs that taste better.
Even most of the people can be used to make this recipe during the special days such as wedding, birthday parties and house ceremony and many other events. However, the whole procedure of making these meatballs are very simple to make and also considered it as a main dish to serve in the auspicious day. This recipe also becomes a tremendous boon to your family budget too. The following ingredients are used to prepare grape jelly meatballs, which also require some preparation.
Ingredients to make grape jelly meatballs
- At least four dozen meatballs, depending on size
- 12 ounces of tomato sauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 pounds of ground beef
- 1 ½ cups of dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried marjoram, crushed
Steps to prepare grape jelly meatballs
- First of all, you have to take a large mixing bowl and combine all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Now, you can add certain quantity of ground beef and mix well until the above ingredients are blended with ground beef.
- After that, you can shape into meatballs equal size by using a small cookie scoop, if available and place it on the broiler pan.
- Before cooking, you can apply some oil in a pan that helps to make grease to drain thoroughly while cooking.
- Make sure to bake in an uncovered state at 350 degree F for about 30 minutes. You can also divide the balls into meal-sized portions.
- To prevent from freezing into a solid meatball mass, you just freeze them individually on the cookie sheets and then place it in a freezer bag.
- Finally, you can serve it in a plate over pasta or rice whenever you need.
However, the above steps are very important to be followed while preparing grape jelly meatball recipe. Before serving the meatballs, you can thaw completely and reheat with your own choice of sauces that suits your need. Whatever the sauce you may use, try to add in an exact quantity, otherwise it will turn to different taste.